Child & Youth Program Training & Curriculum Specialist
- Announcement Number:
- NAF 22-59
- NAS Lemoore CA
- Position Status:
- $52,169.00 - $56,343.00 Per Year
- Who May Apply:
- Duty Stations:
- Lemoore Naval Air Station, California
- USA Jobs:
- Opening Date:
- Cutoff Date:
- Closing Date:
A T&C Specialist is assigned responsibility for providing training to CYP employees, Child Development Home (CDH) providers and CYP volunteers/contractors based on needs of the CYP.
Duties and Responsibilities
The purpose of the Child and Youth Program (CYP) Training and Curriculum (T&C) Specialist position is threefold: (1) to provide and deliver a comprehensive training program to CYP employees, CYP volunteers/contractors and Child
Development Home (CDH) providers that supports the professional requirements of their positions, (2) to assist with the implementation of a developmentally appropriate curriculum/program that fosters the physical, social, emotional, cognitive and language development of children and youth, ages 6 weeks to 18 years, and (3) to promote school readiness and support ongoing school success. A comprehensive CYP training program directly correlates to the quality of child and youth programs provided.
The incumbent is expected to operate independently with minimum supervision toward the overall objectives of the programs. Incumbent utilizes child and youth development and training expertise to role model, mentor, coordinate and provide training, observe for successful implementation of training, assess development of children and youth by direct observation, and provide services that lead to obtaining and/or maintaining accreditation by National Association for the
Education of Young Children (NAEYC), Council on Accreditation (COA), or National Association for Family Child Care (NAFCC) and to provide services in support of the implementation of the Boys and Girls Club (BGCA), and 4-H curriculum.
- Knowledge, skill, and ability to independently manage a developmentally appropriate program for the age groups served.
- Knowledge and background of child and youth programs including principles, practices and techniques of child and youth development.
- Knowledge of adult learning techniques and strategies and experience training adult learners.
- Knowledge of Federal and State laws governing the detection and prevention of child abuse and/or neglect.
- Knowledge of the NAEYC, COA and NAFCC accreditation criteria and process, the required programs of the BGCA, 4-H, and the skills and knowledge to implement the Department of Defense (DoD) certification standards.
- Knowledge in interests and motivation of individuals and groups.
- Skill in planning, organizing, and implementing a variety of programs.
- Skill to develop curriculum outlines, courses of study lesson plans/guides, and to conduct training workshops.
- Ability to provide guidance and leadership to employees and providers.
- Ability to identify and respond to emergency situations including evacuations, child illness, and physical and emotional disorders.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, and possess strong interpersonal
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
What to Expect Next
Applicants who do not meet the above requirements or submit all required forms may not be considered. Due to volume of applications received, applicants may not be notified of non-selection.
Applicants who do not meet the above requirements or submit all required forms may not be considered.
Management reserves the right to fill the vacancy by methods other than merit staffing procedures or cancel the vacancy announcement at any time during the recruitment process.
Applications submitted to any FFR facility or Program Manager other than the HRO Office will not be considered.
Comprehensive benefits package available (medical, dental, life insurance, spouse & dependent life insurance, long-term disability, retirement, and 401(k) savings plan, annual and sick leave, tuition reimbursement, etc.).
How to Apply
Submit a NAF employment application to the NAF Human Resource 737 Avenger Ave, NAS Lemoore, California 93246 or fax to (559) 998-4892. Applicants claiming spouse preference must complete a NAF employment application, a spousal preference form and attach copy of valid PCS orders. Applications may also be submitted via email to LEMR.N92_MWR_HRO@navy.mil . Submitted applications will be retained for 90 days. For more information, visit our website at https://navylifesw.com/lemoore/about/jobs .
As a condition of employment participation in direct deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer upon employment is required.
We are an E-Verify participant.
Dept. of the Navy NAF is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or any other non-merit factors. Reasonable accommodations are provided to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office. The decision on granting reasonable accommodations will be on a case-by-case basis.
Navy Region Southwest is a drug-free workplace. The use of illegal drugs by NAF employees, whether on or off duty, cannot and will not be tolerated. Federal employees have a right to a safe and secure workplace. Sailors and their family members have a right to reliable and productive Federal workforce.